My Preliminary Task Story Board




My Preliminary Task Story Board

For my preliminary task, I wanted to focus on the idea of identity. I decided to experiment with camera angles where the actors eyes are never shown. I feel like the eyes are one of the most human aspects of showing emotion and wanted to see if not using the eyes made my actors seem more like machines and therefore made their roles as killers less human and easier.

For the filming location I wanted some place that looked very sketchy and dirty to match the obviously dodgy and illegal trade that is happening in this clip. I chose the school basement as my filming location as it was very dirty and messy which I wanted, s every other room in our building was too pretty and clean. Obviously, filming in the basement did have it's difficulties as it was a very small, crammed space so I couldn't move the camera around easily and there was no room for a filming light, to improve quality, in the room.

Above is my storyboard showing what I want for each shot. I had to redraw it to match the location and make it more understandable and easier to read from someone else's perspective. It shows the shot-reverse-shot technique which I had to include, someone sitting down and going through a door and the 180 degree rule too.

For the sound effects/music in my video I wanted it to be very basic and have no actual music to make it more dramatic and tense and therefore more uncomfortable to watch. I therefore decided on using a basic heartbeat throughout the clip which gets louder and louder towards the end until the gun shot sound which finishes the whole clip.

I only wanted my actors' lines to be short and basic so there wasn't much room for character (which goes with my identity theme), I also wanted them to act as inhuman as possible and therefore using little facial expression and gestures so it was basic and more about the ideas and theme then acting.

My whole aim is to do the preliminary task correct but also to make my watcher uncomfortable and explore the idea of identity and what makes us human.

Comments

Popular Posts