Electro pop?

On the specification the genre for the music video example is 'electro pop'. Now many people, including myself, have no idea what this is and think it is a really odd unused genre of music. Actually it is very commonly used in almost all music today. It ranges from old electro pop (such as ELO) to modern electro pop (such as clean bandit). Electro pop just uses primarily synthesisers in the background with other electric beats or spins playing.

We will be working on music videos in this genre as practise for our coursework. I have chosen the song 'car radio' by one of my favourite bands Twenty One Pilots. The song uses some electronic sounds like all their songs and it also has a great beat and bass drop. It is a fairly emotional and depressing song which I want to explore in my music video. I plan for the music video to be really dark and twisted in the theme of a breakup and someone going crazy from it. Here is a link to the original music video:


Comments

Popular Posts