Working as a Video Manager in an office for a week

Over the Easter holidays I worked for the company Space Pod as their vide management. The company is an interior design and build business and they wanted to create a video to promote and explain their new concept of Agile Working. It was a very interesting week and I did learn a lot about working in an office and in a professional manner for a business.

On the first day I had to download Final Cut Pro onto the computer I was assigned to which was actually quite an arduous and tedious task! I then also had to research their competitors and see what kind of videos they were producing too. It was interesting to look at because the as a wide variety of videos and how they made them. Some were very simple and amateur whereas some were absolutely amazing. My favourite company which I took  a lot of influence from was a company called Area, they produced videos of their different projects and used interviews, graphics, amazing shots and many other very interesting aspects.

On the second day I had meetings with the marketing executive and the media manager to discuss what they wanted in the video. I showed them my research from the previous day and we discussed ideas for what we could incorporate into our video. They wanted me to film the presentation the manger gave about Agile Workspaces to clients previously. I happily did so however the presentation was half an hour long which was far longer than I expected! We then faced the issue that we had half an hours worth of footage but needed to make a video that was only about a minute and a half. I was then asked to write out the presentation the manager gave so had to listen to the video and pause it very  frequently and write out what he said so we could choose which bits we wanted to use.

On the next day I continued writing out the presentation because it was a very long task and took me about 6 hours all together. I was then sending emails back and forward with to marketing exec about what to do next, she said that she was going to find us images and videos to use from shutter stock and would send them to me when she could.

On the last day I worked hard to put a rough draft of the video together with the images and videos we had because we had to show the manager and media  manger what we had done. Unfortunately what we had done wasn't quite what they were looking for so it was back to the drawing board. Although it was annoying that what I had done wasn't right I still learned a lot and it was a good experience. I will continue working with them in the future in my other holidays and we now know from this experience what we need to do next time to be better.

Comments

Popular Posts